Hello, nice to meet you
Phone Care mobile phone insurance is sold by e2save.com, a trading division of The Carphone Warehouse Limited and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Cover includes loss, theft and accidental damage, so if you ever need to make a claim you can be confident you are in safe hands, and that it is easy and straight forward to do. When you buy a mobile phone from our company, we'll give the option of insurance cover for the first month free of charge. After that, you will automatically pay premiums on a monthly basis, so if you don't want to stay with us, let us know by calling 0800 049 6189.
As well as free insurance cover for the first month, Phone Care also gives you the benefit of protection against:
- Accidental damage
- Damage from water or other liquids
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Unauthorised Use cover up to £10,000
- Accessories cover (Up to a current retail value of £300)
Theft, Loss, Damage & Breakdown
If your phone is damaged, lost or stolen, we will, where possible, replace it with the same make and model as your original phone.
We will cover the costs of any unauthorised use subject to a limit of £10,000, provided that you supply us with supporting evidence of use and also notify your network provider within 24 hours of noticing your phone is missing.
We cover any standard accessories which are supplied along with your phone by the manufacturer and any additional item(s) purchased from e2save.com or The Carphone Warehouse to be used specifically with your phone up to the value of £300. If for whatever reason we replace your phone with a different make or model and this means that you can no longer use your existing accessories, we'll replace them too.
For more information, see our full terms and conditions.
How to contact Phone Care
To make a claim:
0800 049 6189 and press 1
To cancel a policy:
0800 049 6189 and press 2
For general queries:
0800 049 6189 and press 3
What's not covered?
Theft, Loss, Damage & Breakdown
- We will not cover your phone or accessories against theft or loss if they have been deliberately left unattended and unsecured
- We will not cover any theft claim from an unattended vehicle unless the phone was concealed, the vehicle was securely locked and the vehicle had been broken into
- We will not cover any theft, loss or breakdown of your phone (or accessories) or damage to your phone (or accessories) that happens outside the UK more than 60 days after you have left the UK
- We will not cover any claim for damage caused by general wear and tear, scratching or any other type of damage that does not affect how the phone works, i.e cosmetic damage
The excess is the amount you must pay toward the cost of a claim. You must pay the excess (shown on your insurance certificate) for each claim you make. There is no excess to be paid on a claim for breakdown.
We will not cover any accessories that were not lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your phone.
Making a claim
To make a claim on your policy, follow these steps:
- If your phone has been lost or stolen we advise that you report this to the network provider within 24 hours of discovering it. To make a claim for unauthorised use, you must notify your network provider within 24 hours.
- If your phone has been stolen, you must report it to the police and obtain a crime reference number.
- To make a claim for theft or loss call us on 0800 049 6189 or alternatively visit one of our Carphone Warehouse stores. To make a claim for damage or breakdown, we recommend you visit any Carphone Warehouse store so that your phone can be promptly assessed. If you have difficulties in reaching one of our stores, please call us on 0800 049 6189.
Before you contact us, please make sure you have:
- A police crime-reference number for theft claims
- The damaged phone or accessory to hand for claims for breakdown, accidental or liquid damage
- Your policy details
Cancelling your policy
Your cancellation rights
You may cancel your policy at any time. If you cancel within the first 14 days from the day of purchase, i.e. start date of your policy, or the day on which you received your policy documentation - whichever is the later date, you will receive a complete refund on premiums paid (unless you have made a claim). If you wish to cancel after the 14 days, you will not be entitled to any refund and will be covered up until the end of the month covered by your final payment.
If you cancel your policy, your phone will no longer be protected following the end of your cover period. You won't be able to start cover again in the future as we can only arrange cover for your phone when it's new. If you cancel your policy and have been paying by Direct Debit, you will need to ask your bank to cancel the Direct Debit instruction.
If you want to cancel your policy please go to www.geeksquad.co.uk/contact, call 0800 049 6189 or write to:
Phone Care, PO Box 358, Southampton, SO30 2PJ.
For more information about cancelling your policy, please take a look at our terms and conditions.
Making a complaint
Our goal is to give excellent service to all our customers but we recognise that things do go wrong occasionally. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the handling of your insurance, please contact us through the following methods:
- Online at www.carphonewarehouse.com/complaints
- Calling us on 0800 049 6189
- By letter, addressed to Phone Care Correspondence, Carphone Warehouse, 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS
Aviva Insurance Limited and the Carphone Warehouse Limited are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service for Complaints.
If you have complained to us and we have not been able to sort out your complaint, you may be entitled to refer it to this independent organisation. Following the complaints procedure does not affect your right to take legal action. You can find more details of our complaints precedure in the terms and conditions included with this pack.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
We are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from this scheme if we cannot meet our obligations, depending on the type of insurance and the circumstances of your claim.
Further information about the scheme is available from the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk, or write to: Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7QU
Name of insurer
The insurer of the policy is Aviva Insurance Limited, a company registered in Scotland, Registered No. 2116 with Registered office at Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 ONH. Aviva Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference No. 202153;
Period of cover
The period of cover is shown in your certificate of insurance. Your policy will continue on a monthly basis, for a maximum of 5 years, unless it is cancelled by you or us before then.