|How your information is used|
|How to request a copy|
|What we monitor|
How your personal information is used by e2save.com
When you place an order with e2save.com, we need to collect certain information to be able to process your order. What we need varies depending on the items you have ordered, and the pages you are asked to complete will vary accordingly. The information is sent to us via an SSL encrypted server. This information will form part of a permanent record of your dealings with e2save.com.
When you email us, we may ask for certain information to be able to check this record and answer your questions quickly and accurately. When you contact us, in any way, we may make a note of this contact if it is relevant to your permanent record. This allows us to provide a higher level of ongoing customer care.
We will keep your personal details, given to us by you or others during your relationship with us and other companies in the Dixons Carphone plc. group of companies.
- details you give us on application forms or during conversations with you on the telephone or at any of our stores,
- details you give us so that we can provide you with goods and services,
- details we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies.
You agree that we may use and update this centrally held information:
- for credit and credit related services and to manage your accounts;
- to provide you with other services;
- to identify other products and services which might be suitable for you;
- to recover debts;
- to prevent and detect fraud;
- to update our records about you;
- to prevent money laundering; and
- to check your identity.
You agree that we may use your personal information to make a credit check on you before we provide you with any services. These searches will be recorded by the credit reference agencies. We may disclose information about how you run your accounts to the credit reference agencies. We and other organisations may also use credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency records that we receive about you, people financially linked to you and others in your household to help make decisions about you and them.
We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services. When assessing an application, we may use automated decision-making systems.
If you request it, on payment of a fee, which is currently Ã‚Â£10, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information to which you are entitled that we hold about you.
The information we hold about you is confidential. We will only disclose it outside the Carphone Warehouse Group when:
- you give us your consent,
- to provide you with other services;
- it is needed by certain reputable third parties involved in running accounts and/or providing services for you (for example, credit reference agencies who do credit checks for us),
- in order to obtain professional advice,
- we or others need to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. to fraud prevention agencies),
- the law permits or requires it, or any regulatory or governmental body requests or requires it, even without your consent, or,
- to prevent money laundering; and
- there is a duty to the public to reveal the information.
We may administer your account and provide other services from centres in countries outside Europe that do not always have the same standard of data protection laws as the UK. However, we will have a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected, and we will remain bound by our obligations under the Data Protection Act even when your personal information is processed outside Europe.
How to access your personal file
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right to see personal information we hold about you. If you want copies of this information, please send us a written request with the following:
- Your full name and address
- Your Carphone Warehouse/e2save.com account number
- A cheque for £10 (admin charge) made payable to The Carphone Warehouse
- Details of any specific information you require
- One proof of identity - we can accept a photocopy of either your birth certificate, your passport, your driver's licence
- One proof of identity of address - we can accept a photocopy of a recent credit or debit card statement, a utility bill showing the same name and address as on your Carphone Warehouse account.
Please send your request, cheque and proof of identity to:
The Carphone Warehouse
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 375
We recommend that the request is sent by Recorded Delivery, but this is not compulsory. Please note that we do not take online payments.
What happens next?
Once we receive your request, along with your cheque and proof of identity, we will get back to you within 40 days.
Cookies are text files which contain information that is transferred to your computer hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate, whereas others are aimed at enhancing and personalising your user experience.
The information gathered by cookies on our site may be used in the following ways;
- To tailor advertisements or promotions you receive. For example, if you have looked at a specific type of mobile handset, we might use this information to personalise any subsequent advertisements you see. We may also personalise our service based on the type of computer system you use, together with the purchase pattern of other customers who may have looked at similar products to you. We may also provide you with advertisements which may be customised using information such as the search terms you use on our site. For example, if you searched for a specific product or accessed our site via a specific banner ad or search word, we may present you with content and/or offers linked to that banner ad or search word.
- We may use navigational information about where you go on our site to better understand how our site is used and to ensure that the product offerings that are presented to you are relevant.
- We do not use any data about where you go, or present you with advertisements outside of our site other than on sites which provide for such use in their respective privacy policies.
- We may collect information on how frequently you visit the site and the type of products and/or services that you view to enable us to measure the popularity of our sites and our product offerings.
Types of Cookie
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website, remembering how far you are through your pay as you go order, making sure that the e2save.com website looks consistent or remembering what's in your basket when you're looking to buy that new cool smartphone. Without these cookies, many of the basic functionalities of our website - the stuff you expect the site to enable you to do like filling in your shopping basket, we simply can't provide.
Tip - these cookies make the basic functions of the website work.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and the pages that they don't. This understanding enables e2save to continually improve the experience we deliver to you (and other visitors like you) so that the site is easy to use and includes content that you find helpful (for instance, performance cookies indicated that users find reviews really helpful and so that gave us confidence that we should provide more reviews on each smartphone product page) These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor - so we can't identify you individually. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This information is only used to improve how the e2save website works.
Tip - these cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make as you browse the site (for instance, your login details to enable you to provide your comments in our new community forums). They provide more enhanced and personal features. The information they collect is anonymised and the usage only relates to www.e2save.com - they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites once you've departed e2save.com
Tip - these cookies remember choices you have made to improve your website experience on www.e2save.com
Category 4: Advertising or Targeting Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you, and your interests (assumed by analysing your onsite browsing behaviour). They can also provide caps on the number of times you might see an advert - to hopefully stop them becoming annoying and repetitive. These cookies remember that you have visited e2save.com, track what products you may have looked at, and this information may be shared with our advertising partners. If you see an advert from e2save, once you have left our site and are browsing other sites on the internet, that magically seems to understand what previously interested you (you browsed a specific smartphone handset and then see deals for that handset) then this is enabled by targeting cookies.
Tip - these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant for you.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service. We will monitor network traffic from time to time for the purposes of backup and problem solving and in order to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
Protecting your privacy
To the extent that sensitive personal data is processed about you, we will employ appropriate security measures given the nature of that data. However, you recognise that your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk. We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
We may need to provide some of your personal information to third parties that we use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. customer support, or a shipping company if you have asked us to send something to you).
Our website may provide links and banner advertisements to third party sites. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Since we do not control those websites, you are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
We may check what you have told us and share that information with fraud prevention agencies. It is important that you give us accurate information. If you give us false or inaccurate data and we suspect fraud we will record this at the fraud prevention agencies.
You are responsible for informing us that your personal details have changed: for example, a change of address or to your title. You confirm that you will inform us of any change to your personal information as soon as is reasonably practicable in order that we may update our records. Please note that notification of any change to your personal information must be in writing (to the address below), and should include your account and/or telephone numbers with us.
If you feel your privacy has been breached by us, then please write to:
Belton Road West Extension
or call customer services on 0871 522 3400
During your time on this site you will have the opportunity to consent to us contacting you by e-mail, phone, SMS or MMS from time to time occasionally about products and services which we, our subsidiary companies (including, without limitation, our insurance and fixed line telephony subsidiaries) and carefully selected third parties believe may be of interest to you. This will allow us to keep you up to date, and ensure you have all the information at your disposal to get the most out of your mobile life.
You may change your mind at any time by writing to us with your name and customer ID at:
Marketing Compliance Manager
Belton Road West Extension
or email us at our Help Desk at http://www.e2save.com/helpdesk/
If you buy a handset from us, we will pass your information to the Mobile Equipment National Database ("MEND") and the Stolen Equipment National Database ("SEND") (organisations operated by Recipero Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under Company No. 3794898 and with its registered office at Lawrence House, Lower Bristol Road, Bath BA2 9ET) to enable MEND or SEND to contact you in the event that you lose your Mobile Phone or it is stolen from you. Please contact customer services on 0871 522 3400. if you do not want your information to be passed to MEND and/or SEND. PLEASE NOTE: Once you have been registered with MEND and SEND, it is your responsibility to ensure that you notify any change of mobile phone to MEND and SEND to ensure that there is no interruption of their service to you.
You must not use any computers, computer equipment, network resources or any services provided by us for any illegal purpose, or for accessing, receiving or transmitting any material deemed illegal, indecent, offensive or otherwise unacceptable under UK law.
You must not use any false identity in email or other network communications.
You must not use the services and/or network systems or any part thereof for fraudulent activities, or to breach another organisation's security (cross-network hacking). This is an illegal act and prosecution under criminal law may result.
Please note that this policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Any decision made by us in relation to the services provided to you shall be final.