When it comes to saving some cash, there is definitely a knack to finding the best value smartphone plans. Phones from the Jurassic era, a monthly line rental to rival a mortgage, and enough usage charges to max out a credit card are all to be avoided.
So if you are serious about finding the best value smartphone plan then read on, and enjoy our top ten tips to achieve smartphone envy without breaking the bank!
1. Check out t**he new kid on the block
**You don’t have to be a nerd to know that the best deals can often be found by going with the newbie. At the moment, this is iD Mobile which offers fast internet with low prices and even shorter contract tie-ins.
You may ask why is iD Mobile so cheap? Well, it’s because they piggy-back onto another networks’ infrastructure, and if you fancy roaming yourself then how about free roaming in 22 destinations across Europe, Australia and the United States!
2. Adopt a refurbished phone!If you’re keen on owning a premium smartphone but don’t want to cough up the dough then how about adoption? You can foster a smartphone that was rejected in the first few days of its life, and your compassion will be rewarded with a great value smartphone plan.
Our refurbished phones have all seen the doctor to check that they are fit and functioning, and trust us, once it’s out of the box no one will know the difference. Take a look through our refurbished contracts from e2save which could save you cash today.
3. **Stay up-to-date
**Nothing moves faster than technology, so maybe it isn’t the best idea to buy an old smartphone just because it is has cheap line rental. Instead, look for the latest low-to-mid range smartphones which run the most up-to-date operating systems- these handsets are sure to have those older phones asking quad-core what?
4. Put a ring on itWhile we’re not suggesting that you marry your smartphone, if you don’t mind a little bit of commitment in your life then you can save a pretty penny or two by agreeing to a 24-month contract. Plus, if you stick to tip #3, your phone won’t be outdated at the end of the 2 year deal!
5. Find that** needle in a haystack **Trying to find the best value smartphone plans can seem like looking for a needle in a haystack. You would have to be nuts not to use the filters on the e2save website so bring a little order to your search results.
Try it now; visit our cheap deals page and sort it by monthly cost.
6. Stay with the one you loveIf you are having a love affair with your existing smartphone then don’t just stay where you are at the end of your contract term. Instead take out a new SIM only deal and you could see your line rental slashed in half!
7. **Let your loyalty be rewarded
**If you have been with your network since you bought that Nokia 5110 in the nineties then you probably aren’t looking to jump ship. Instead check out the e2save upgrade tab when you search for a phone and be rewarded for your loyalty.
8. Let’s be friendsJust because you haven’t heard of a particular brand doesn’t mean it isn’t an awesome phone. Check out Huawei for example- they make superb mobiles and they are usually associated with some of the best value smartphone plans in the UK.
9. Spend today, save for tomorrowWe love the word ‘free’ at e2save, but if your monthly budget barely gives you bus fare then paying a little upfront for the phone may reduce your monthly line rental and ease the strain on your finances.
10. Don’t be a cheapskateCome on, you know how much you use your phone so choose a bundle that covers your usage. We hate out-of-bundle call charges and so should you, especially when they take your bill to a ton in a moment and cause serious bill shock. So make sure that you opt for a tariff that actually suits your mobile phone usage- it might be more each month but it’ll save you cash in the long run!
Now it’s over to you! It’s time to find a deal, and don’t forget to choose a plan with a gift of cashback if you want to make extra saving!