If it's time to make the switch, and you're ready to move on from your Android to a brand-new iPhone, then don't worry - the process is really straightforward. It doesn't matter if you've picked up the affordable iPhone SE or the premium iPhone 12 Pro Max either, the steps you need to take will always be the same.
Prepare for the switch
Thankfully, Apple has made it extremely easy to switch from Android to its operating system, iOS. You can even transfer your data, photos and favourite apps to an iPad and iPod with the method we're going to show you, but there are a few things you must do before starting the process.
First thing's first, you'll need to make sure you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection. Check that your Android is connected to your preferred network, and then go ahead and plug it into a power socket.
Plug your new iOS device in too, then check how much storage is available on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. You'll need to cross-reference this will the total size of files, media and any other content stored on your Android - including items saved on an external Micro SD card - to make sure everything will fit.
If you'd like to continue to use Chrome instead of Safari, you can also transfer your Chrome bookmarks. Just double check the version of Chrome downloaded to your Android is up to date, and Apple will do the rest.
Moving from Android to iOS
Once the steps above are complete, you're ready to begin the switch. Make sure your iOS device and your Android handset are both by your side, then follow the instructions below:
1. Begin the setup process on your iPhone, or other iOS device. When you reach the 'Apps & Data' screen, select 'Move Data from Android'.
2. Pick up your Android, and open Google Play. Search for the Move to iOS app, and after the download is complete, tap on the app.
3. Once open, read the terms and conditions presented by Move to iOS. If you're happy and would like to continue, press 'Agree' and select 'Next'.
4. Head back to your iOS device and tap 'Continue'. Wait for a few moments, and a unique code will appear - it will be either 6 or 10 digits in length.
5. Enter your code on your Android device, and then wait.
6. A Transfer Data screen should suddenly appear on your Android. From here, you'll be able to select everything you want to send to your new iOS device.
7. You can transfer almost everything using the Move to iOS app, including your contacts, messages, photos, videos, browser history, calendars, email accounts and apps - as long as the apps in question are available on the App Store.
8. After you've made your selection, press 'Next'.
9. You'll now need to wait until the transfer is complete - the time required can vary, depending on how much data you're sending over. Your Android may finish the process faster than your iOS device, but it's very important to wait until both devices have indicated that they're finished.
10. Once the loading bar on your iOS device is full, you can go ahead and continue the process. Select 'Done' on your Android, and hit 'Continue' on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
11. After this, all you need to do is finish the main setup process on your new iOS device. When this is complete, you can check that everything has transferred correctly.
If you're having trouble at any point during the process, there are a few things you can do. Apple recommends checking on your Android and iOS device from time to time to make sure both screens remain active, and turning off mobile data on your Android can prevent conflicts from occurring.
And that's it, you should now be able to transfer your favourite memories, messages and more from your Android to any iOS device. If you haven't picked one up yet, make sure you check out the latest iPhone deals here at e2Save.com - we have a range of brilliant SIM-Free and Contract options to choose from.